mardi 27 mars 2018

Racism is contextual

I think the thread title is self-evident and propose a real world example:

I recently had occasion to overhear an event producer on a phone call to book talent: "No, the dancers can't be white. I need them to be black."

This sounds racist. Without further context, I'd agree. Why are you refusing to hire white people?

Some context: This event is taking place in South Africa. Is it still racist? Maybe.

More context: its a corporate event for a european multi-national and the event is for the entire African region. Is it starting to look more like sound pr rather than straight up racism yet? I hope so.

More context: The whole show is 2 dancers and an industrial robot. A troupe of 50 would be a different story.

Your thoughts? Got any good examples to share?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2IXDuDy

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire