mercredi 24 janvier 2024

How's Your Spam Recently?

I keep reasonably tight control of my Internet activities and really only get a little volume of spam (who knows what is filtered out upstream?).

I always read my email first as text and go to the HTML version when I think I know the sender. For the curious ones I'll read the message source for added edification and amusement.

The mist recent read:
Quote:

Good afternoon!
I've enclosed the invoice for my journey costs during the business trip. Kindly take care of this for compensation following our travel guidelines.
Januar-tt-MUNGE524727MUNGE8219-24
Thanks.
It was sent from Stephen Buckley <jessie>@an apparently valid innocent domain. I note that poor Stephen has to use jessie's email.

There was no attachment but there was a link in the HTML to doubleclick.net with another domain embedded in the query parameters. That domain seems to be that of another innocent party. I guess if I had clicked through I would have gotten to a page asking me to submit a payment somehow.

The whole sad sorry state of things is documented here (worth a full read): Spam Statistics (2024): New Data on Junk Email, AI Scams & Phishing

Quote:

162 billion spam emails are sent every day, with 49% of the 333 billion daily emails sent, considered spam (numbers recorded for 2022).
Is the Internet broken? Will spam ever be stopped/prevented?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/CI0p8HV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire