samedi 20 janvier 2024

[Continuation] Electric Vehicles II

Mod Info Continued from here.
Posted By:Agatha



Quote:

Originally Posted by novaphile (Post 14244046)
I don't think you'll be happy with the maths.

My car typically takes 10 kWh to charge.
I have 8 188W solar panels, which generate, on average, about 5 kWh per day.

Hence, it would take at least two full days to charge my car.

Note that a 10kWh battery is tiny compared to modern all electric vehicles.
Two full days of solar panel output gives me 45 km of range.

The current Nissan Leaf has a 40 kWh battery, hence eight days to charge from my current eight panels.

I think you can currently buy 300 W solar panels but you'd still need a lot more than one to charge an EV.


Ideally, you'd put something up like a hay shed (or carport) with a sloping roof to maximise your solar collection. I was lucky, my roof slope is within a degree of ideal for this latitude.

I recently purchased for a friend 24ea 430w panels at $175ea at SanTan Solar. They have great deals there all the time. They sell new and used panels. Right now you can buy a pallet of 25 435w Sun Power panels for $3,000.

Having a shed can be convenient, but you can also build a rack. that's what my friend did. Actually he built three all out of lumber from trees he cut down from his property. We even build a tilting mechanism so he could change the tilt angle a few times a year.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/CNJhLmx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire