jeudi 26 octobre 2023

The Thread for Stupid Trump and GOP Statements

None of the current threads seem quite right for this topic, so I'm starting a new one dedicated to the mindboggling statements made by Trump, Magites, and GOP politicians.

To start off, 'stable genius' Trump shared this brilliant observation in N.H. last Monday:
Quote:

“Macron, nice guy, he’s for France – I’m for us.
You know, you spell us right? You spell us U-S. I just picked that up. Has anyone ever thought of that? A couple of days [ago) I’m reading and it said us. And I said, you know, if you think about it, us equals U-S.
Now if we say something genius, they’ll never say it, you know, we get 25, 30, 40, 50, 80,000, 100,000 people to the speeches. They’ve never said Trump’s a great speaker. I’ve never heard it… I said to my people, do you think they’ll ever acknowledge [it]… I must be doing okay. Except I’m a very handsome person. So I guess a lot of you want… They want to sit look like a beauty pageant. It’s amazing.”
He continued to amaze the crowd with his astute knowledge of international politics:

Quote:

“There’s a man, Viktor Orbán, did anyone ever hear of him? He’s probably, like, one of the strongest leaders anywhere in the world. He’s the leader of Turkey.”
Imagine the shock when Recep Tayyip Erdoğan finds out there's been a coup and he's been replaced with the prime minister of Hungary!

Mike Johnson's remark on the mass shootings in Maine that killed 18+ people:

“This is a dark time in America,” Johnson said at the Capitol on his first full day as speaker.

Quote:

“We’re really, really hopeful and prayerful. Prayer is appropriate at a time like this, that the evil can end and the senseless violence can stop.”
Yep, all those thoughts and prayers are doing so well preventing gun violence, right, Mike? I mean, it's not like we have at least one mass shooting every day!


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/RI01QCf

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire