vendredi 6 octobre 2023

How can we force Microsoft to change a default setting for Notepad?

-

Yeah, yeah, I know, the answer is junk Microsoft and get something better, but I've got too much invested in them right now (equipment, software etc.) to just drop them and move on.

Plus, I'm poor AF.

I know I can use Word instead, but Notepad is much simpler for what I want to do and that is write webpages.

Anyway, Here's my problem:

When I open a text document with Notepad, it automatically defaults to "UTF-8" (even if I've originally saved it as "ANSI"), and that wouldn't be a problem if it didn't turn this"

"What?" I said, almost choking on a pancake.

into this (turning ""s into @@s):

@What?@ I said, almost choking on a pancake.

The symbols used aren't really @s, but that's not the point, because even when I resave them as an "ANSI" document (while keeping it open) the symbols don't change back to their original form, they stay @s.

This is a big, big BIG, problem when I'm creating an html document from scratch. I wrote all 2,000+ webpages on both my websites from scratch without any help from something like WordPress or any other similar software.

FINALLY:

Does anyone know anyone at Microsoft that could secretly fix this problem, or maybe someone here knows where the hell the default settings for this particular problem is so I can fix it myself?

I've looked at every kind of setting I can find (including the ones for Notepad), but I can't find a freakin' thing anywhere.

HELP!

-


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/5lBZyXR

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire