vendredi 13 octobre 2023

How do mentalists do what they apparently do?

In general, I'm not referring to any particular mentalist. Feel free to pick specifics, that you're aware of, if you like.

We were discussing mentalists, IRL I mean to say. Apparently they do these impossible mind-reading feats. And I was wondering how exactly they do this. (Me, I haven't actually watched any mentalists' shows. Not IRL. On TV, yes, not much but a bit. Like WWE it's easy to see how that can be faked.)

The only "solution" I could think of is that the people whose minds they claim to read are basically in on the con with them. That's an easy enough explanation. Apart from that, I draw a blank, given the sheer detail they allegedly come out with. (Do they actually come out with the sheer detail that they allegedly do? Like I said, I haven't watched any in action myself, so that might be the first question to answer, if there are people here who're aware of these things.)


------------

A quick search doesn't throw up any such discussion here. That is, there are some reference to mentalists, but none discussing their actual technique as far as I could see, the how exactly they do it thing. So that's what I was wondering about. Use tells, sure, but what tells, how, and how does that translate into that kind of detail about what people are thinking? (Or is it simply a straight-out dishonest con job where the subject is working with the alleged mentalist, is all?) If any of you happen to be aware of how the mentalist thing works, then please go ahead and discuss.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/pOtMBNG

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire