jeudi 2 février 2023

[Split Thread] Conditions of USA agricultural workers




Quote:

Six have so far been identified by the local coroner's office. They are: Yetao Bing, 43; Qizhong Cheng, 66; Aixiang Zhang, 74; Jingzhi Lu, 64; Zhishen Liu, 73 and Marciano Martinez Jimenez, 50.

There are photos and descriptions of where this guy lived. He and 27 other people. Link below.

You got mostly elderly people who were killed which makes me think this is the average age of all the workers. Maybe not but there are a lot of seniors out in the fields according to the article. I see them myself if I drive 10 miles south.

This is a problem (I think it is) nobody wants to fix, left or right, because we need cheap veggies and campaign donations from the agriculture industry. They get a pass and always have.

I can't say that the way these people are treated contributed to this shooting but I can see how it might.

We seem to be totally okay with an industry that underpays it's employees, pays so low in fact that they must live at work in shacks in muddy fields (I see it where I live too), expected to pay for damage to equipment, and are often senior citizens.

I am tired of this industry getting a free ride on taking advantage of people. If it means more expensive food for the rest of us I am fine with that.

If the agriculture industry has enough money to pay politicians then it has enough to take care of its workers. And why should they need to pay off politicians at all? Hmmmm? I wonder!

What would they do if we didn't have South America on our border? Who'd pick the veggies then and how much would they need to pay to get workers? Could there be a reason that they hire the most poor and desperate people?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...s-17747595.php

Sorry if off topic but I'm not sure that I am.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/Rpx7MiT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire