lundi 5 septembre 2022

“Woke”

Is it just me, or do others here when they see the word “woke" to describe people or institutions see it as shorthand for “I don't like people telling me I shouldn't hate on blacks and treat women as sex objects”?

I view the “woke” criticism to be invalid, since to me it implies the person or institution being targeted has simply said “we want to take steps to ensure people feel welcome here instead of being marginalized based on attributes such as gender, gender identification, race, colour, creed, country of origin, or sexual orientation.”

I added “politically correct” as a tag because, in contrast to “woke,” I view it as inclusiveness gone wild, to the degree where it's used a cudgel to shut down discussion because some snowflake somewhere might be offended. Certainly having one's ideas being challenged can sting, but people should be encouraged to separate criticism of their ideas from criticism of their person.

I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of others on this.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/iKAoGCr

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire