lundi 4 juillet 2022

[Split Thread] Akron police shoot unarmed man 60 times

This one in Akron will probably warrant a thread on its own. My first info on it was the released bodycam footage. It looked pretty standard until the end, when (already verified) eight police officers shot an unarmed man at least 60 times. I thought the chief said "16 times" even though I'd heard the footage. I mean, it's like that demonstration scene in Robocop that was total overkill -- I even went "Holy ******" when I saw it.

Usually I can (and do) speculate on what may have happened, due to initial flimsy reports or possible flat-out lying, but I can't even imaging what kind of scenario would warrant that kind of firepower response. The family's calling for peaceful protest but I think this one will inevitably escalate.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/32rkQVa

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire