dimanche 24 juillet 2022

Apple customer service (still) sucks

Okay I'm far from a tech expert, and just yesterday I found that my "Magic Mouse" was not working. So my first thought was to call Apple Help. After being passed around a number of different staff I got on to someone who assured she could help. Okay, English was not her first language, but I got around explaining the problem to her.

Her first suggestion was that the mouse needed to be recharged. I've owned this iMac for years and know how to charge wireless devices. It was fully charged. So she went through a few possible solutions (like plugging the mouse into a USB socket) all to no avail. She then said I would need to make an appointment with my local Apple shop. She tried to do this unsuccessfully, so gave me the shop number.

Next I ring the shop, get an answering machine and am then transferred back to Apple Help!! So the process started all over again. after nearly 2 hours on the phone I hung up.

The solution, as all you guys would know, but which I had to find out myself, was to plug in a wired mouse, delete the Magic Mouse device, and reinstall it. Worked immediately (although the "caps lock" light on the keyboard doesn't work, no big issue).

This is not the first unsatisfactory experience I have had with Apple. I know if you stamp your feet hard enough and insist the issue be escalated you (sometimes but not always) get results. It shouldn't take this.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/wbBXQT7

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire