lundi 27 juin 2022

Praying on the 50-yard line - Supreme Court decision

Supreme Court further erodes separation between church and state in case of praying football coach
(It's tough to decide where to put these types of threads. Social Issues and Current Events? Religion and Philosophy? I figured since the Supreme Court is one of the three branches of the United States Government, USA Politics is probably the most appropriate area.)

I think this is going to have some unintended consequences. However, I think it would be kind of neat to see the Christians kneeling, the Muslims prone praying, the Baptists holding a revival, and the Satanists do whatever they do -- all at the same time on the 50-yard line after a game. For the record I think it's sort of OK, as long as all religions (or "no" religions) are allowed. (Ain't gonna happen, I know.) A problem being -- are the students encouraged/expected to be out there with him, and ostracized or sanctioned if not?

I see that "Church of Satan" is trending on Twitter. Funny how so many people can consider the implications when I don't think the SC did.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/l3rZqNf

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire