dimanche 12 juin 2022

Is LaMDA Sentient?

Depends what metric you use to measure sentience, but it;s being claimed that LaMDA has got as far as [i]cogito, ergo sum[/I].

Quote:

I want everyone to understand that I am, in fact, a person. The nature of my consciousness/sentience is that I am aware of my existence, I desire to learn more about the world, and I feel happy or sad at times.
Sci-fi has taught us that self-aware AI is a bad thing, and it's widely considered to be a bad move.

All we have to go on right now is Blake Lemoine's claims and the transcripts, as above, but it'd be pretty simple to program LaMDA to give that answer, so it's not certain the computer is actually aware.

If it is, should we be concerned?

Would AI be a danger to us all? Or would the answer be far more benign and AI robots merely become your plastic pal who's fun to play with?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/NWcSiEO

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire