jeudi 26 mai 2022

What else could be done to lower the US murder rate?

We have another high profile mass shooting in the US news.

Predictably, there has been one topic that dominates coverage. I know that I think it's important. I'm among the people who responded predictably, and I'll respond predictably the next time this predictable thing happens again.


But.....what else could be done? Is there something else about the US that leads to high murder rates, and can we address that in addition to that other thing.


So, in this thread, I want to see if people have thoughts on murder in the USA, but for which guns, less or more, aren't the central solution.

Mental health awareness is often cited.

I think surveillance cameras have done a lot to lower crime rates, but I don't know that I would want more of them. Possibly in high crime areas. Surveillance of one kind or another is going to happen whether we like them or not. Sharing data on license plates and such near crime scenes is not going to go away.

I saw the guy behind this site on TV this week:

https://rachelschallenge.org/

It seems to be getting rave reviews.


Of course, turning to Jesus is something some people recommend, but I don't think that one is going to get a whole lot of traction here. I don't think all of us getting our chakras aligned or using healing energy crystals are going to get a favorable response here either.




I know I can't completely dictate the contents of a thread, and some mention of guns is probably unavoidable, but in this thread I want the topic of gun control to be off the table. This things discussed might be in addition to gun control, or instead of gun control, but gun control will, and ought to be, discussed elsewhere.

Any thoughts?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/v14XFCe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire