lundi 16 mai 2022

Energy monopolies in the US

I have just watched the latest John Oliver "Last Week Tonight" show and his feature article was about energy utilities in the US.

Yes, I know he is from the left, but his shows are usually well researched in my opinion. So a few questions:

Is energy supply monopolised in many parts of the US?

If not what choice do you have?

If you have choice, how hard is it to change energy suppliers?

Can you choose renewable/green energy suppliers?

By way of comparison, energy supply has been privatised in Australia, but there are multiple energy generators in each state here and even more companies which act as suppliers. It's a competition extravaganza. I recently got a $250 government cheque for just researching alternative providers (I stayed with my current provider).

So is energy supply monopoly a problem or not? And if it is what can be done about it?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/iwy4RYV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire