vendredi 27 mai 2022

Murder

A month ago today there was a thread on suicide in this section. There's a lot of thought right now on murder given the Texas school massacre and the store in Buffalo. I was just curious as to how many on ISF have ever been touched by murder.

Due to the nature of my profession (retired) I have known many murderers - some who had already been convicted as such and some who became murderers later. One client's wife confided in me that her husband had murdered her own brother but had been acquitted. He was one of the nicest kind of people, even gave me pointers on a problem with working on my car once when we had a casual chat. He ended up strangling her to death. Two other clients of mine I had for a few years were murdered later secondary to risky behaviors, one of them also being a neighbor of mine. Two people from my high school were murdered, one older, who had been a local football coach whom I had known of for years and had not only entertained me at his house, he had also attended a party at my house a couple of years later. Another adult neighbor I had when I was a kid was beaten to death with a baseball bat during a robbery at his business.

The closest murders to me family wise are one for sure and one only speculated. The one for sure was my first cousin. One year older, we had been playmates for years. I met her husband to-be at the family Xmas gathering in 1968. He was just graduating West Point and, my being already 20 years old, the families began to drift away from the old celebratory reunions, but I did encounter the two at many funerals and weddings over the years. On April Fool's Day 2019, this retired 3 star general shot and killed my cousin and then himself. At least that's what the official report says.

The speculated murder is my 2nd father-in-law. The official report was suicide but my current wife believes my mother-in-law did it and I believe it was her and the oldest son, but that's just a belief based on one event and speculation.

I have never been troubled by events as close as these most recent murders in the media. I really can't imagine the personal tragedy they are enduring. The personal events above don't come close, but I wondered about some of us here.

Anybody here ever been touched by a murder or a murderer?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3aqVczC

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire