vendredi 29 avril 2022

Wikipedia block appeal?

I finally decided I might have enough knowledge on a topic that I wanted to contribute something on Wikipedia. I tried to create an account but was told I was blocked because of a range ban for another 5 months. To my knowledge, I've never had an account, never edited, never posted, - in short, I didn' do nuffin. From their faq:

Some kinds of blocks restrict editing from specific service providers or telecom companies in response to recent abuse or vandalism, and affect other users who are unrelated to that abuse.

So some jerk in my neighborhood has been vandalizing and I'm blocked? I've appealed, but am not hopeful. I'll see if a VPN gets around it, but again - not hopeful. Any constructive comments?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/rXyLOTq

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire