lundi 8 novembre 2021

Injured Man Trapped in Caves for Two Days

This sounds like my worst nightmare (not being entirely comfortable with enclosed spaces):

Quote:

A rescue operation is under way after a man fell and was injured while caving in the Brecon Beacons two days ago.

The South and Mid Wales Cave Rescue Team (SMWCRT) said he fell while caving in the Ogof Ffynnon Ddu cave system near Penwyllt, Powys, on Saturday.

The team said he could not get himself out as a result of his injuries.

Another caver notified police of the incident and at least eight rescue teams from across the UK are involved. The cave is Britain's third longest.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59203695

The idea of being injured, cold and in the dark quite frankly gives me the screaming ab-dabs. The caver is reported as being not alone which means that there are people out there far braver than I - all power to them. :thumbsup:

I'm often very critical of people who go out woefully underprepared and as a result force others to put their lives at risk to come and rescue them. This appears not to be the case here. I also realise that I'm somewhat hypocritical because I've been stretchered off a mountain twice. :o


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3BURSa2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire