jeudi 28 octobre 2021

Twitter: more bad than good?

Firstly an admission, I’m only a recent Twitter user with about five tweets in total. I only joined to keep up with covid health updates which Australian government agencies released on Twitter well before any other avenues.

At first I thought “cool, quick, short information”.

And then I started to get alerts of threads (I’m not even sure this is the right word, streams?) that an algorithm thought I might be interested in. So I open them and think it might be a bit like this forum. Some tweets expressing a certain position followed by counter positions. Well this might be sometimes the case, but what I have found almost always is echo chambers of one position with no dissent. And foul, hateful language.

Okay, I might just be unlucky and have missed the reasonable, rational Twitter debates. But maybe not.

So is Twitter worth the time and effort?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3GsUQpD

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire