dimanche 19 septembre 2021

No More White Saviours, Please!

Is the call of black writer, Nova Reid.

This couplet stood out:

Quote:

There’s an impulsive desire to fix, to be the hero of the story, to swoop in and rescue and, for some, it also comes from a place of superiority and/or a desire to be forgiven. It feeds into something called the “White Saviour Industrial Complex”...

...If someone is in any doubt, they should ask themselves: am I acting because it’s the right thing to do, to centre the needs of others, or am I doing this for myself, to feel better and make myself look good?
I was strongly reminded of people who froth at the mouth about stories alleging racism on the internet, jumping all over anyone who dares disagree with their "analysis".


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3Ewv03c

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire