mercredi 1 septembre 2021

3 Aurora cops, 2 paramedics charged for death of Elijah McClain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_..._McClain#Death

After a special prosecutor was brought in to investigate the police killing of Elijah McClain in 2019, all 3 cops and 2 paramedics have finally been charged.

Quote:

The indictment is against Aurora police officers Nathan Woodyard and Randy Roedema, former Aurora police officer Jason Rosenblatt, Aurora Fire Rescue paramedics Jeremy Cooper and Peter Cichuniec for their alleged conduct on the night of Aug. 24, 2019 that resulted in the death of McClain.

Each of the five defendants face one count of manslaughter and one count of criminally negligent homicide.

Weiser said officers Rodema and Rosenblatt also face a count of second-degree assault with the intent to cause bodily injury and caused serious bodily injury to McClain. Both also face one count of a crime of violence.

In addition to the manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide charges, paramedics Cooper and Cichuniec also face one count of second-degree assault with intent to cause bodily injury and caused bodily injury. As well as one count of second-degree assault for recklessly causing serious injury by means of a deadly weapon– ketamine.

The paramedics also face one count of second-degree assault for a purpose other than medical or therapeutic treatment intentionally causing stupor unconsciousness or other physical or mental impairment or injury to McClain by administering ketamine.
https://kdvr.com/news/local/colorado...investigation/

Police are alleged to have held McClain in a dangerous chokehold before ordering paramedics to administer ketamine, a powerful sedative.

McClain complained of being unable to breathe throughout the violent arrest, and would later go into cardiac arrest and be declared brain dead at the hospital. Ketamine was administered because cops claimed the 140lb, 5'6" man was in "excited delirium", a pseudomedical diagnosis invented by cops to justify excessive force.

As is usual for police murders, initial investigations found the use of force "consistent with procedures" and the county prosecutor declined to bring charges.

An independent investigation by the state AG was taken to a grand jury, which brought back a 32 count indictment.

Elijah's last words were recorded on his killers' bodyworn cameras:

Quote:

I can't breathe. I have my ID right here. My name is Elijah McClain. That's my house. I was just going home. I'm an introvert. I'm just different. That's all. I'm so sorry. I have no gun. I don't do that stuff. I don't do any fighting. Why are you attacking me? I don't even kill flies! I don't eat meat! But I don't judge people, I don't judge people who do eat meat. Forgive me. All I was trying to do was become better. I will do it. I will do anything. Sacrifice my identity, I'll do it. You all are phenomenal. You are beautiful and I love you. Try to forgive me. I'm a mood Gemini. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Ow, that really hurt! You are all very strong. Teamwork makes the dream work. Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to do that. I just can't breathe correctly.
He was remembered by his friends and family as a diminutive, quirky introvert who would play his violin for stray cats at the shelter. He was stopped for "looking sketchy" while walking home.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2WKSRLp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire