mercredi 1 septembre 2021

Mystery lights

I have been seeing mystery lights in the sky about every few months for a number of years. Maybe someone can't help figure out what they are.

I live in a condominium. There are a few identical condo buildings to the left. There is an empty field to the right. It is a three floor building. I live on the second floor. I have a balcony on the back of the building. The balcony is recessed a bit, so there are brick walls on either side that extend about 3 feet past the edge of the balcony. There is a third story balcony above. This creates a sort of framed view of the back yard.

Behind the building is about 80 feet of grass. Then there is a long line of trees about 20-30 feet deep. The trees are about 60-80 feet tall. Behind that is a prairie. There is a house behind there off to the left side.

Every so often I see something that looks like a shooting star behind the trees. It actually looks more like a falling ember from fireworks. A bright light trailing light behind it with small sparks or embers falling off behind it. The light is white or maybe sometimes light yellow. The lights are always falling at a slight downward angle.

They always appear behind the trees and go slightly down behind the trees. Usually they appear from behind a tall tree, but sometimes they comes from the side where I can't see or I just happen to notice them and don't see where they came from. They are usually going from left to right, but I have seen a few that go right to left. From those trajectories, they must just be coming out of the air somehow.

They don't move really fast, but fall quickly. Because of my view, I can only get a quick glimpse before they fall behind the trees.

I usually see them at night, which is when I am usually out on the balcony, but have seems them a few times during the day. Both clear nights and cloudy nights.

At first I thought it might be bird catching fireflies and the flies lighting up as the bird catch them and carry them away. But I have seen them when fireflies are not around and even during the day when there is clearly no other object near the light.

The buildings do not have fireplaces (well, there are gas fireplaces). Heating and air machines are in each condo unit. There doesn't appear to be anything on the building rooftops.

I just saw one. It is very quite. Everyone is asleep. People go to bed rather early around here. I was out back thinking and just happened to staring right where it appears behind a tall tree and then went behind the other trees. I saw it very clearly. I could tell it was right behind the line of trees. Bright white with little bits of with light flying off behind it.

This has perplexed me for years. Anybody got any ideas?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3yzzn9w

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire