samedi 26 juin 2021

Dear Users… (A thread for Sysadmin, Technical Support, and Help Desk people) Part 10

Mod InfoContinuation thread from: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=331688
Posted By:Darat
Damn it. I had to look at someone else's SQL (which always makes me feel dirty, other people's style is weird and off-putting) and I found three mistakes. One's a busted join, one's using a very wrong field to do a join, and the other is doing "where field in (items)" and the items are short by about fifty things that should be included. So now I have to tactfully point out the errors without a) offending them and b) triggering the work to just be reassigned to me.

Sometimes I worry that I'm actually good at my job, which is not in keeping with my chosen view of myself. And for some reason the end users in question on this one seem to like me despite my being as horribly pedantic as I possibly can (I always answer "is this data right?" with "this is an accurate representation of what was in the database at the time the query was run", for example) but it doesn't put them off. Damn it, they're going to ask this be turned over to me on top of all the other crap I'm already doing for them. Grrrrr.

I hate looking at other people's SQL. It never leads to anything good.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3jkZ5KO

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire