jeudi 26 septembre 2019

Temperature check: Is the political nature of impeachment a problem?

Not a gotcha or anything. Not trying to prove a point. Just curious how other people feel about it.

My vote: No, it's not a problem. Impeachment is a necessary mechanism in our system of government. I don't see any practical way to make it non-political. And I think that's okay.

What do you think?

---

ETA: I should probably explain what I mean by "political".

I mean that the way impeachment is judged - "high crimes and misdemeanors" - is so vague that an official could be impeached for pretty much any reason or no reason at all. Whatever excuse motivated enough votes to get rid of the guy, would be a valid excuse under the constitution.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2lVJPsN

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire