mardi 24 septembre 2019

Ethics of Computer Diagnosis and Repair...

Sunday my computer committed suicide. I was playing TF2, getting ready to do something evil, and dwoop -- it turned off like a light. Won't turn back on.

I take it to a repair shop to find out what's wrong. There's a $25 diagnostic fee which can be used toward the repair. My computer is refurbished cheapie. All I really care about is the hard drive.

The guy does his thing, calls me back and says it's the power supply. Replacement parts and labor are $125 plus tax (my $25 knocks it down to $100 plus tax). I tell them I don't want the repair and I'll pick up the unit.

I've replaced a power supply before, so I figure I'd do it myself and save some money. Am I an *******?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2lrhWIG

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire