dimanche 10 février 2019

Good Questions to Ask in an Informational Interview?

Hello all,

I have a big assignment coming up in my Organizational Behavior class which includes conducting an in-person informational interview with a professional in a field in which I'm interested. I will be interviewing the president of an HR consulting firm in the area. The interview is scheduled for late next week, but I am feeling really nervous about it and want to overprepare.

I was wondering if anyone here had any experience or knowledge with informational interviews, or ideas about what would be good questions to ask. Also (and I know this will cause some eye-rolling), part of the assignment guidelines stipulate that we must include a few questions somehow related to diversity. The subject of my interview is a woman, so there's my diversity angle. I have to shoehorn in at least a few questions, then, about "the challenges of women in leadership" or something. How can I do that without sounding stupid or offensive? Ugh, I really don't want to waste this woman's time. Plus, I obviously do want to earn an A on my project.

The rest of the assignment involves using the information I gather in the interview to create a narrated PowerPoint presentation. We have a lot of leeway with how we arrange our presentations, but I need to keep the end game in mind while thinking up what to ask. I need an organizational structure that will translate well to a snappy presentation.

Any tips from you more business-savvy individuals? I'd really appreciate anything you've got. :)


EDIT: Just wanted to add that I have (of course) googled some general information about informational interviews, but sometimes dialogue with actual people can yield more nuanced information. As I said, I'm feeling really anxious about this interview. Furthermore, the people on this forum have never failed to be extremely helpful when I have school questions.


via International Skeptics Forum http://bit.ly/2N2EWao

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire