vendredi 8 décembre 2017

Driverless cars

I saw hardtalk on TV last night and it posed some interesting problems for driverless cars. For example, if a driverless car was going to crash and possibly kill the occupants but to swerve to avoid the collision would mean running down a group of pedestrians what would the car do?

Can a programmed car possibly be safe if it cannot make moral choices of this nature?

Not only that but even programming a car to read the road ahead and pull over to allow oncoming traffic would be difficult. Would all cars be programmed to give way, if so would it not cause traffic jams?

It also occurred to me that if you programmed a car to drive aggressively then cars would be fighting for a parking space, and that could cause accidents.

I am hoping that this problem will not affect me, and I will not live long enough to see the only taxis available will be driverless, Or that all buses will be driverless, because I don't want to ride in one.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2BOH1Qm

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire