dimanche 31 décembre 2017

"Hope Chest" tradition ....

When my wife and I got married we were poor teenagers :) ... our parents did very little to help with the wedding arrangements far as money goes ... I had saved up $1500 and she used that to rent the hall, hire a preacher, a DJ and make some sandwiches for the reception.

I got laid off work a week before the wedding, but we had a place to stay the apartment my Grandparents had ally rented out in their home in Toronto was empty and she saved it for us, and pretty good rent too :)

One item Liz moved in to our new abode ... was a hope chest she had since she was 10 years old, every year on her birthday or at other random times, women in her family would give gifts to the Hope Chest, some were even still unopened when we got married, it was filled with sensible items we really needed to start our new home.

My question is, does anyone in your families still practice this tradition? ... I didn't search on the web, but realized That is the only time I have heard of it ... certainly none of the girls I hang out with has a hope chest.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2CjPvnl

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire