mardi 11 juillet 2023

What you could do better than god

I realize that this is plenty of low hanging fruits, but the "God is the greatest being imaginable" or "optimal universe" arguments are just driving that point home. Put me in charge of the universe, and it wouldn't even take much trying to be a better god. I mean, I could even make a joke argument like "God, but it's a girl with huge anime tiddies", and it still would be better than the Xian god.

My submission for today is: menstruation.

Like, WHY? If I were to design a species from scratch, why would I need to just peel the whole womb once a month? Why not have it just reabsorb or otherwise reset in some better way?

Additionally, here's a tidbit: there are species, e.g., cats, which only ovulate and start the whole cycle, when actually getting <bleep>ed. It's not even a hypothetical "what I could imagine doing better", it's something that exists and "God" already did better before humans even existed. So what purpose does it serve to have a girl have her womb lining peeled off like a hundred times before there's ever a chance to have anything fertilized? Like, WHY?

Again, it's just one example out of a whole lot of low hanging fruit.

Please add your own.

NB, I'm only interested in actual thought exercises in what you could imagine doing better, not just "rah rah rah, Xianity sucks grotesquely" wanks.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/qdkOg6U

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire