mercredi 12 juillet 2023

Pope Prophecy - need help debunking

Hi folks,

I'm new here, and I need some help debunking something that has me scared. I am an atheist and a skeptic but I suffer from heavy existential anxiety and I've come across something I'm having trouble rationalising.

I'm sure you've all heard of St Malachy's Popes Prophecy. I've done a LOT of digging on this to try and help but I'm still scared and my anxiety is through the roof.

I've read through various cited sources including O'Briens work on the prophecy, and I'm well aware of the arguments against the prophecys authenticity (mottos only spot on until the publication date around 1590, errors in the mottos replicated from Panvinius' erroneous works).

I know all of this, and the rational part of my brain is trying to get through. However, one of the later post publication mottos, corresponding to pope Gregory XVI states "from the baths of etruria". As it turns out, Gregory was a Camaldolese monk, who originate from Balneum (Bath in latin), in Etruria (now Tuscany). So far, this pope has been the only pope from this particular order.

I've researched this endlessly, trying to find confirmation that somehow, the prophecies influenced the conclave, or i've tried to find rationale based in chance, coincidence and statistics.

My anxiety flares up when I find something that challenges my worldview. I can function when I know the world is a rational, scientific, materialistic place that makes sense. I can't handle this though. I know this might sound really stupid to some of you but I'm getting physically sick over this. Please help.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/WmZKMFO

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire