jeudi 20 juillet 2023

Is Che Guevara or Soviet-style Communism trendy for the left?

Made my own thread to discuss it. I can't say I have my finger on the pulse of the entire left. I do have a vantage of participating in political discussions among many friends that are liberal or left to a varying degree, even including those that are actively hostile to capitalism on general principle. Among them I can't find a single example of praise or apologism for the crimes against humanity or totalitarian rule of the Soviet Union, nor any use of the image of Che Guevara to represent "wokeness" or some kind of trendy hipster badge.

I suspect that to what extent this may have existed in the past is all but extinct among the modern left. If I'm mistaken I would certainly like to hear more. If it still exists at all, I question whether it's sizable enough to describe a typical left reaction to the issue.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/t0DvFgi

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire