dimanche 27 novembre 2022

Reading anthology for language study

I've been studying the German language for the last four years while living in the US. (I came in the US at the age of 28 in 1998 primarily to learn English).

The last four years I've been trying to put different levels of emphasis on reading, listening and practice. Of course practice really lacks. So I'm mostly experimenting in reading and listening, that is between reading and listening contemporary material and classic material. (Literature x radio).

I can't seem to gain the momentum I want. My goal is to reach proficiency in understanding rather than speaking. It's going slow.

I started thinking maybe I should read poetry. Poetry is more intensely speaking to the imagination and emotions than prose. I think the more vividly I expose my mind to the target language the more it will stick, and the more in-context it'll be.

Unfortunately I can't benefit from my experience in learning English. Because I learned it while living it, so that experience is not helping me much with this struggle.

If anyone has an opinion on using my study time with German anthology (primarily) I'd like to hear that. Thank you.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/ZcU8Sb6

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire