vendredi 18 février 2022

Brand new computer machine thingy

My old desktop appears broken. Seems to be some fatal error with the hard drive.

Thinking about a replacement.
I won't be playing any high tech games
Will use it for the interweb thingy when my phone screen is too small
Will be storing and sorting photos.
A bit of office type software
Skype type calls.
Otherwise it needs to run an indoor trainer cycling software I use RGT but the better known Zwift is I guess similar

I am thinking I probably don't need an Intel i9-11900K, with eight cores, 16 threads, boosted clock speeds up to 5.3GHz, with support for DDR4 RAM at 3,200MHz
I also don't know what any of that means or how to compare something different to that set up . Clueless on which nvidea graphics card I need, or if I even need a graphics card at all.

I presume a ssd would sort out my previous 3-4 min start up time. I understand what size hard disk I need.
I know what ram does and the more the quicker but don't know how much ram I really need for my limited needs

I am seeing a few really cheap set ups on Amazon that from recollection seem to have similar numbers to the machine that died which other than the really slow start up worked fine.

I am wondering if they will do what I want or do I just go to pc world and spend £500 on a desk top that will no doubt easily do what I need.

3 Random cheap amazon machines
HP Elite 8300 SFF Quad Core i5-3470 3.2GHz 8GB 1000GB DVD WiFi Windows 10 Professional Desktop PC Computer (Renewed) (View) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07116YQ...GSM1E8Q249A66Z

Optiplex Dell Intel i7-2600 Quad Core 16GB RAM 240GB SSD + 1TB HDD WiFi Windows 10 Desktop PC Computer (Renewed) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YST68...NZ7YTNWFQFHKNS

Deal: Mini PC Windows 10 Pro 8GB RAM 128GB SSD, Quad-Core Intel Atom x7-E3950, 4K HD Mini Desktop Computer, AWOW AL34 Micro PC [ Dual HDMI/Dual Wi-Fi/BT 4.2 / VESA Mount ] https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08G4GNR...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Any guidance or alternatives gratefully received.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/N8FhGvf

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire