vendredi 20 août 2021

WiFi AC + ASUS Mesh - finally WiFi that works for me

After decades of torture because WiFi never seemed to be just right I am actually happy with my ASUS mesh WiFi AC. Setup.

It must works reliably and multiple people streaming doesn't trip it up. I can work from home and the only man is from the internet archive provider.

Plus it has a good phone app that tells me exactly what is happening with the main KPIs and can do a firmware upgrade.

When I bought it it still had bugs with the Mesh but fortunately ASUS had them sorted out in a couple of months. I was just about to write it off as just another WiFi nightmare but it's all come good.

Plus there is an independent firmware distribution called Merlin that ASUS it's happy to support.

The WiFi 6 standard is far more reliable and steady as well. There have major improvements made to the efficiency of the protocol so that even though it isn't much faster it feels a lot faster.

I always seem to find myself in a difficult place for WiFi to reach but the Mesh has that fixed and works reliably and seamlessly.

Even though I went for the cheaper dual band without a dedicated Tri band backbone it still works well due to the new WiFi 6 transmission protocols.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3xZzCKI

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire