vendredi 27 août 2021

Ghost in the House

I related the first story a couple years ago, but it's a lead-in to the second one.

(I)
I entered a bedrooom to find a rocking chair moving by itself. I even had time to get out my phone, start up the app, and video record it. It was about 30 seconds before it stopped. Quite freaky. Not the wind.

(II)
For the last few days, on occasion I thought I heard a female voice mumbling from time to time, just at the limit of perception. I knew it wasn't my Alexa because that only chimes on Notifications. I also noted that it came only from the basement, and that it's the first time I had the A/C and fans off for quite a while which is why I could hear it.

(I)
Turns out, the cat sleeping it had been startled when I walked in, and its leap set the chair in motion. I had not seen the cat (until a few days later, when the same thing happened.) I was surprised that the rocking had such a long decay time, though.

(II)
This morning I realized it happened when I opened my laptop from Sleep Mode. So I took my laptop and a baseball bat (kidding on that last part...) downstairs and started it up again.
Turns out it WAS the Alexa, but only one pod on the system which I rarely use (not the upstairs ones). I guess a while back I had connected it to Bluetooth on the laptop which I usually have off. But all these circumstances came together to make realize it was voicing "Now connected to alfa's computer."
Sometimes I hate technology that does too much for me.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/3ksZM3P

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire