jeudi 5 novembre 2020

Windows 10 bins my printer if its not connected

Long story short, I have two identical commercial printers (Epson SL-D700) attached to a Win 10 64 bit setup. Each has its own icon in "Devices & Printers" and uses a Maintenance Tool (software) for things such as head cleaning & alignment, nozzle checks, paper roll width and surface type changes etc.

Every so often, I have to disconnect one printer and send it away for repair or maintenance. The problem arises when the printer has been disconnected for a few days, its icon disappears from "Devices & Printers" so that when it comes back, the Maintenance Tool cannot find it, and I have to go through the (painful) process of uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and printer maintenance software, for both printers.

Anyone hear of this sort of thing happening. I mean, an installed printer driver should stay installed unless I uninstall it, right?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2TWHPNY

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire