mercredi 11 novembre 2020

Banana Republican Party

I have, up to now, refrained form calling Republicans by the various names that have been somewhat popular here and elsewhere, e.g. repugnican, rethuglican, and so on.

However, I have come up with a name that, in light of recent events, I think is entirely appropriate. It's the thread title. It would stroke my ego a bit if it catches on, but, if not, I can live with it. Trump is acting like a Banana Republic Presidente who, after losing an election, engineers a coup to hold power. I wonder if he somehow succseeds in destroying American democracy (such as it is), if he will, like Louis Napolen Bonaparte (Napolean III), declare himself emperor after losing an election and engineering a coup to hold power. To make matters worse, most Banana Republicans in Congress are going along with it. I remember when, during the Watergate scandal, Republican senators told Nixon that if he didn't resign, he would be impeached and removed. This surely contributed to their party losing big in the next election, and I'm sure they knew this would be the case when they did that. Contrast that with the current Banana Republican Party, who with only a few exceptions, have gone along with Trump's bull ****. From here on out, I will know that any Banana Republican who claims to support the Constitution is lying. Will I ever vote for a Banana Republican again? Maybe, in 20 years, if I'm still alive and they can show me that they have changed enough to deserve another chance. Until then I don't care if the Democratic Party candidate is an confessed child molester, better a child molester than a Banana Republican.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2IszVtL

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire