mardi 28 juillet 2020

Playing guitar while black

[yt]SZuZisfcyo0[/yt]

I was going to post another version, but i think this is the best one, off his Beyond the Blue Horizon album. It has a great laid back feel, and I like how he's allowing himself to get a little sloppy here and there and not overly concerned with focussing on technique. It is a cool technique though, I think 95% of this is played with just his RH thumb. The rhythm drone is mostly downstrokes and then he uses his thumb for the melody as well.

Some great Wes-style octaves later in the piece, again all thumb. One of George's signatures IMO is to play Montgommery style octaves, but occasionally adding another scale degree within the octave. He uses this to great effect in his rendition of Horace Silver's classic Song for my Father.

I suppose one of these days I should Google and find out what a Kudu is.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/305W2fv

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire