mercredi 15 juillet 2020

In Praise of the Real Wonder Woman: RBG

I imagine most Americans with more than half a brain hold their collective breath every time the words "RBG" and "hospital" appear in a headline.

I'm pleased to see that yet again, she's overcome whatever it was and is back at her desk.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/07/15/p...tal/index.html

I have RBG at the top of my list of Americans I admire,right up with Lincoln and Eisenhower. First off, she's of the age where it was a lot harder for a woman to rise to the top and gets extra points for that then overcoming so much adversity to hold some kind of humanitarian balance in the court. I'd also put her very near the top of all women who ever lived, just in front of Boadicea and Mother Teresa*.

The woman is amazing, a survivor and the leading holder of the few good things in America. The thought of another Trump appointee to SCOTUS rightly send shivers down the spine of every American I talk to, and I can see why.

Ruth herself has been an amazing example of how partisanship should not actually matter. Her closest friend on the court was apparently Scalia, who was somewhat to the right of Genghis Khan.

*Just kidding, I have that revolting hag lower than Lucrezia Borgia. Boadicea was right up there, though.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2DHhfDH

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire