jeudi 27 février 2020

Home made server

I want to add a server to my home network. I want to to work as a NAS, Plex server, and host Home Assistant. I may also use it for VMs but that is a future discussion. It doesn't have to be super powerful or have a ton of storage yet. I'd like expandable, but I may just focus on affordable for now. I'd like simple to use and maintain.

Would I be better off with just buying something ready like a Synology box, buying an old desktop and replacing the OS with something like Ubuntu Server or Unraid, or building something from scratch and installing Unbuntu/Unraid/etc ?
I have built my own PCs before, including an Ubuntu desktop, so that doesn't really scare me. But, it has to work.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/2wUFNWz

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire