vendredi 10 novembre 2023

Frank Borman, Apollo astronaut, dies at 95 years old

According to NASA, Frank Borman passed away a few days ago. I just saw this:

https://www.nasa.gov/news-release/na...-frank-borman/

He flew in both the Gemini and Apollo programs, going to moon but not landing. He and his crewmates James Lovell and William Anders were the first humans to see the far side of the moon and photograph the Earth rise.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

A few years ago I posted in this thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimOfAllTrades (Post 12071635)
We're losing the people that went to the moon. I know there were thousands involved, but taking the 24 men who left earth orbit as a measure there are only 14 left. And they range in age from 81 to 89. As much as I hate to say it, another 5 years will probably see most or all of them gone.

I was somewhat wrong, there are eight left. A long lived bunch though. My enormous respect goes to not only the 24 men who flew, but all the astronauts and all the men and women involved in the amazing achievements from the first days of Mercury and on. Some of my early memories are of those first Mercury flights.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/qlTQevU

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire