vendredi 16 juin 2023

Sharing a spreadsheet

Sharing a spreadsheet in a thread is a bit more challenging than I imagined. (It's a Google sheet but I could switch to Excel.) There are several dozen rows, and I intend to update it frequently and re-post it.

(1) Simple copy/paste doesn't work because it doesn't paste as a table. Adding the code to make it a table is too cumbersome. I could automate the process, but I can't justify the effort just to play nice with vbulletin.

(2) A screen shot doesn't work, because one of the columns is a link that wouldn't work.

(3) Google has a plug-in that will generate the code, but all formatting is lost. I don't need fancy formatting but I do need numbers right aligned, dates left aligned, and other basics.

(4) I can simply make the file public, but I imagine that readers would be disinclined to view it that way.

The least lousy option I can think of is a combo of #2 and #4. I post the screenshot with a link to the live file for readers who want to follow the links contained within. Ugh.

Any other approaches I should consider?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/ahA2HXd

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire