lundi 10 avril 2023

Net Promoter theory and volunteer advocacy

This is not a call-out. Just an attribution of the starting point in a discussion.

Phiwum's tangent in the Ukraine war thread is mildly interesting to me, but off topic for that thread. So I thought I'd start a separate thread for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by phiwum (Post 14047703)
Acting on behalf of is different than acting to their benefit. I find it extraordinarily unlikely that the Russians know of and have any relations with Michel.

If I were to praise Coca-Cola, I might be benefitting them, but I would not be their agent. There would be no relationship at all.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Net promoter theory says that voluntary advocates are a powerful force for growing a business. Marketing departments across a wide range of industries treat them very much as agents, and aim to recruit as many of them as possible.

I don't think voluntarily and independently advocating for Moscow makes one any less of an agent than if one is doing it for pay, or in coordination with the regime.

If you voluntarily praise Coca-Cola, that makes you the best kind of agent for Coca-Cola's interests. One who works for free, out of sincere passion for their product.

Also, I cannot help but note that you are also acting as an agent for both Samsung and Tapatalk, by allowing them to inject mentions of their product into your posts.

And I think the distinction between "acting on behalf of" and "acting to the benefit of" is irrelevant to the question of agency. Putin has many official agents acting on his behalf, but manifestly to his detriment and the detriment of his country.

Trying to promote someone else's interests, voluntarily and independently, just makes you a voluntary and independent agent of those interests. It doesn't make you not an agent.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/Vcfzgku

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire