lundi 3 octobre 2022

- Warp12's Abortion -

I know, weird title for a thread.

So, I know a lot of people here think I am just “anti-abortion”. That is not really true. I have mostly supported R v W for my entire life. Recently I have grown frustrated on this forum, for what I see as unyielding, and blind pro-choice views. It has led me to say some things I am not proud of.

Well, I wanted to share our abortion story. Because I honestly have not been able to do so for the past 20 years. It isn’t something that arises in casual conversion, or over dinner. It is the kind of thing that is generally frowned upon, but today I am putting it out.

So, nearly 20 years ago I entered into a relationship with the woman I am with today. She had a 13 y/o child at the time, which I helped her raise to adulthood. Less than 6 weeks into our relationship, she became pregnant. Now, at this time, she was also seeing another man. But, I knew that situation was at it’s end, but did not fool myself that there might not be additional encounters. She claimed our physical relationship was exclusive; but I was not convinced.
So, when things first were going, she started telling me that her breasts were tender. I was teasing, telling her she was pregnant; but I didn’t believe such thing. She was on the pill, after all. I suspect now that she had stopped
taking it (she had been wanting to be with her ex; I think maybe she was trying to trap him). It doesn’t matter because I loved her, and still do. It is just a matter of the circumstance.

Anyway, she became pregnant. We had like 15-20 EPT’s stacked up. I gave her the choice. I told her that no matter what, I would help her raise and support the baby. She chose an abortion.

We didn’t have a lot of money at the time. We ended up out-of-state at a clinic. First, a visit to discuss/evaluate…then for the procedure. It came up in the ultrasound or whatever, that this child about the size of a peanut. We laughingly called it “space peanut”, after something in that silly movie “Joe Dirt”. It was also clear that it was likely that it wasn't mine, based on timing.

Anyway, I’ll cut to the chase. We had our abortion. She was heavily drugged, but awake for it. I was present and held her hand as the fetus was vacuumed out. The doctor was very creepy, like nightmarish when I think of it, now. His manner of speech, the way he talked. When she got up off of the hospital bed, blood was leaking onto the floor. She was kind of “be-bopping”, the way she walked.

The attending nurse said, “Someone is feeling good!.”

It was sad, in retrospect. We went home, and were told to use a condom for a couple of weeks, because after the abortion there is a much greater chance of pregnancy. We did.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/tahAj7l

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire