samedi 9 septembre 2023

The general hardware torture thread

Why should software and customer service afficionados get all the attention. Hardware is worth a big whinge too.


I boughy myself a new six port USB 3 hub with a 2.5 amp power supply. Nothing but problems. I could hook something up and a USB disk just disconnects and reconnects. A camera connects and doesn't work.


I had bought a USB current/voltage monitor and plugged it in.


The voltage would not rise above 4.8V and would drop to 4.2V. No wonder only the miniature keyboar and mouse transmitter worked.


I had a spare power supply and hooked up that instead after hacking the power wires.


Now it works. The other power supply rates itself at up to 4 amps. The voltage now starts at 5.1V and doesn't drop below 4.8V. Things just plug in and work now.


I have read comments about supplied USB power supplies being junk. Now I have had one myself. It was pathetic. Never even supplied 5V at zero load.


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/TFX8uQ2

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire