mardi 9 août 2022

Afterlife: Proof!

Back in the '90s I took care of an elderly man till he breathed his last.
At the time of his passing there was some unexplained phenomena with the lights in his home. At the time I was so intrigued as to think these might be indicative of his soul making a scene upon departure.

I wrote the incident down for his daughter in law and still have the account which I'm posting here.

"Dear Adrienna,

As you requested, I’ll write down a brief account of the matter with the kitchen light switch. It was a small anomaly, but the timing was significant, and it was not so uncommon an event. There are few families who don’t have something to tell of moved portraits, fallen objects, telephone rings, flickering lights, and even apparitions at the moment of the departure of a loved one.

I was up late last night writing out the first account which came to be too long with too much of my own interpretation. I’ll cut all of that here, leaving it for you and yours to make sense of it in your own relationship with Harold.

As I said, I was at the stove stirring ramen when the lights flickered. That was my first take on it as I began to wonder if a PG and E outage was immanent. But I realized it had only been the kitchen ceiling light.

Very soon the kitchen light went out altogether, this while I was still at the stove attending to my meal. Since there wasn’t the pop of an expended bulb, and all the other lights were on, I thought perhaps a breaker had shut. It happens from time to time. So I took my pan off the stove and headed for the hallway to check the box. That’s when I saw the kitchen ceiling light switch was in the down position, just as if someone had flipped it off. I flipped it back up, and the light came on as normally.

Since I’ve read and heard of little signs about the departing and had already been frequently checking on Harold, since we knew it could be any time, I immediately went to his bedside, but didn’t remain because he seemed to be breathing in the same fashion as he had the last time I looked in on him.

I returned to the kitchen and dumped my ramen into a bowl, but before I could set down to it, I felt I needed to go back to Harold.
I found he wasn’t breathing. I listened closely and tried to take his pulse. There wasn’t any. Also his forehead was growing cooler, and I couldn’t feel the pressure of his life-force or “aura” as I was accustomed. (Earlier in the hour when Bonnie and I had turned him on his side, I’d noticed that it was exceptionally “warm.” Not his body temperature but the “aura” in the region of his forehead. Being inexperienced in interpreting these things, I hadn’t known what to make of it.) Now it was absent.

Sorry for the almost clinical details. I wanted to be sure before I marked down the time (between 4:45 and 4:55 when I called for Bob). The important thing is that his passing was brief and tranquil without a struggle. No more than two or three minutes passed between the first check when he still appeared to be breathing and the second when he was done.

For the sake of the skeptic in me, I examined the light switch. There was no way it could have been caught half on half off and flipped off of itself. And though when very tired I absentmindedly do things, I wasn’t so tired as to flip off the switch myself, and I was at the stove when it happened. Also there wasn’t a momentary power outage, for that’s all it takes to mess up the digital clock on the top of the TV. It would have been blinking.

If the event had the purpose of getting my attention, I wish I had paid more, waiting at his bedside from the first check. Thankfully all our prayers that it would be an easy and gentle time for him were answered. His expression was peaceful as if in a restful sleep."

You have it right there folks. How else could have the lighting gone weird this way except H.W's. spirit making the last tour of his home before venturing off to the Astral Plane?

[Disclaimers:
1. In those days I was into "Energy Healing" woo-woo. I could "feel" "auras."
After playing with this stuff for a few years, I saw enough to dismiss it as illusion and the placebo effect.

2. There's nothing here that proves anything about a soul life after death. There isn't even a photographical ghost. There's only something that happened with the lights.

3. The wisdom achieved with doing the three score and ten has included the fact that it is easy for me to fool myself.]


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/FRHphEt

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire