dimanche 16 avril 2017

Getting into contact with skeptics in the Atlanta, GA area

I am an officer in CNY Skeptics, the local skeptics group for the Syracuse, NY area in Upstate NY. For the past six months, I have been in contact with an inmate who wanted to start a skeptics group in the Fishkill Correctional Facility. While it looks like we will not be able to help the prisoner start a skeptics group, I have learned that the prisoner has been awarded parole and will be released within the next month. Once he is paroled, he has been approved to live in the Atlanta, GA area with his father. He is interested in engaging with other skeptics in the area and organizing. Through my letters with him, I have been impressed with his commitment to reforming himself and his zeal in organizing.

I have tried to contact Tim Farley via DM on twitter to see if he could give me some contact information, but I never heard back from him. I also tried emailing the Atlanta Skeptics, but my email bounced back from their public email address. Is there anyone out there who can help me connect this prisoner to skeptics in the Georgia area?

I will say that this person was convicted of two very serious crimes. However, I believe he has changed his ways and wants to rejoin and be a contributing member to society. If, before they wanted to give him their contact information, wanted to know about why he went to jail, I am willing to provide additional information.

I hope someone will be willing to help him out.


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2pqmYCp

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire