samedi 1 octobre 2016

LAN issues

Ok, here's the back story:
My IP was giving me a run-around--it was extremely slow. It was a wireless operation, and had been bought out at least 3 times in the 10 years I was on it. Then they started lying to me.
I had a Netgear wireless point with 8 ports.
On those ports were a Network drive, my office PC (Running Win 7 Pro 64bit), A laser printer, and a SONOS device.
Wireless points are an X-box, Direct TV, a Printer/scanner, my wife's laptop (Running Windows 8), my laptop (VISTA), and our Kendalls and tablets--one Android, one Ipad.
Everything was visible to all machines--the Network disk, my machine's music stores and drawing files, and business software.
ATT came in (only viable alternative to Skybeam) and they changed it all. Only 4 ports on the drop, but that was ok--that was all I needed.
Now, however my laptop (the one running VISTA) no longer saw anything other than internet. All the other machines could see everything, including my phone (I access the Network disk for some stuff with it)
I cannot figure out how to get that laptop on the network. Does anybody have any answers -- or even suggestions--for me?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2dOkk6U

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire