jeudi 24 août 2023

Death After Life vs Death Before Life

I didn't exist long before I was born and similarly I will not exist after I die. At least that's what many people on this forum think.

If so, does it mean that the nonexistence before I was born (let's name it nonexistence 1) the same thing as the nonexistence after my death (let's name it nonexistence 2)?

Even some famous people seems have claimed a similar thing:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur Schopenhauer
After your death you will be what you were before your birth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Twain
I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.

So if they are 100% identical it seems that nonexistence 2 can be followed by life (consciousness) like nonexistence 1. So in some sense life after death is possible. Or perhaps there is no "self" or "consciousness". :confused: What are your thoughts about that?


via International Skeptics Forum https://ift.tt/blDrUnV

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire