mardi 26 juillet 2016

Obama is a thin-skinned narcissist

The following are excerpts of a conversation had in another thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggurat (Post 11400668)
Obama is a thin-skinned narcissist with a contempt for much of the country and little respect for the military, and he uses divisiveness as a deliberate tactic, [snip]

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunmaster14 (Post 11402566)
I am a close observer of Obama, and I completely agree with Ziggurat. Sure, Obama's not as crude and overt, or perhaps as farcical, as Trump, but I think he's in the same league as far as being a petulant narcissist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upchurch (Post 11403468)
Okay, I give up. What [are] some examples of Obama's more nuanced and subtle, perhaps more dramatic, thin-skinned narcissism, oh close observer of Obama, that puts him in the same petulant narcissist league as Donald J. Trump?

[edits by me for focus and because I made a typo originally]

That was probably the wrong thread for that conversation and nobody seemed to want to answer the question. I've heard similar statements on Facebook and similar.

My impression is that Obama has weathered all sorts of insults and jabs with good amount of stoicism and the occasional self-deprecating humor. He's also taken comedic jabs at certain people during the journalist dinner (the name of the event escapes me), which is supposed to be a roast. I honestly don't understand the claim that he is thin-skinned. He certainly hasn't attempted to have gag orders placed on people who have called him names, as has Trump.

I also don't understand the narcissism claim. I'm struggling to even think of an example that might be perceived as narcissism. I suppose calling the ACA "Obamacare" might be one, but that was originally applied by detractors. Obama only later embraced the name as a way to diffuse the connotation. As in, "Why yes, I do care."

So, I re-ask the question in it's own thread: What are some examples of Obama's more nuanced and subtle, perhaps more dramatic, thin-skinned narcissism that puts him in the same petulant narcissist league as Donald J. Trump?


via International Skeptics Forum http://ift.tt/2asoSQ4

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire