vendredi 25 avril 2014

Google+ is dead, Thank God

http://ift.tt/1nO2VGH



I have always hated Google+. Google+ treats users with contempt.



Big companies have always fantasized about locking their customers into walled gardens. They keep failing. But walled gardens are incredibly profitable, so they keep trying.



Dumb users want to stay in a walled garden. Dumb users don't know where to go, so they want everything in one place. But users don't stay dumb forever.



Eventually users figure out more than one way to do things. And then they start making choices. When people want to contact me, they can call me, text me, email me, or even knock on my door. Each of these choices has a different function. Why go through Google for every one of them?



Just when Google started trying to bundle everything together like Facebook, Facebook found their own users were unbundling themselves into WhatsApp and Twitter and Instagram. Google was fighting yesterday's war.



I'm not a dumb user, but there are a lot of them. And if Google+ succeeded the market would be catering to them and not me. So today, score one for the smart users.





via JREF Forum http://ift.tt/1rsf843

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire